Sunday, May 27, 2012

Roasted Veg lasagna

2 small zucchini
2 small sweet onions
2 small squash
2 roasted and peeled red peppers (I got them at the salad bar -- because I'm lazy -- but you can roast and feel them if you want)
1 small head roasted garlic (roast it yourself or buy it that way)
1 package sliced baby bella mushrooms
1 small eggplant (if you like it)

slice veg and cook on the grill -- don't annihilate them -- just cook them so they still have some tooth -- I do the mushrooms in a pan -- put a bit of olive oil on them and salt and pepper -- chop coarsely  -- this is essentially my recipe for ratattouie

1 package soft tofu
1 small container low fat ricotta
1 box of spinach -- thawed

squeeze all the liquid out of the spinach and mix all three together with some black pepper

1 box of uncooked lasagna noodles

lots of sauce (I usually buy the cheap stuff in the cans -- I've made this with special sauce  -- and it doesn't seem to make a difference -- and you want the sauce to be a bit loose.

shredded mozzarella cheese

assembly:

ok -- it sounds crazy
but don't cook the noodles -- you don't need to.
nope -- really -- you don't -- the veg is going to let some of the liquid out and the sauce is sort of thin -- it will rehydrate the noodles.

In you pan
put a good amount of sauce in the bottom
place the noodles on top
layer the tofu mix and the veg and cheese and noodles making sure that you put sauce on top of the noodles each time -- be generous

when I put the noodles on -- I press down to push out any air.

I almost alway freeze this after it's made

then I cook it -- just like a normal lasagna -- in the oven at 350 degrees until it's hot a bubbly


it's weird -- but it works.


No comments:

Post a Comment