Sunday, June 3, 2012

Baked potato cakes

Ok -- this is a real time recipe recording

I'm trying to make a baked Latke
hmm -- well -- not really
a potato cake with cheese -- because last minute I thought I would like that

I'm out of onions so I thought the cheese would add something

I heated the oven to 425 degrees and sprayed muffin tins -- heavily and put the tins in the oven to heat up.

potato cakes

4 small red potatoes - grated
1/2 tsp baking powder
2 Tbsp flour
2 Tbsp matzo meal
lots of salt and pepper
and some dried garlic ground up
a few handfuls of cheese
3 eggs

This I scooped into the hot muffin tins (it made 6) and I put it in the oven at 5:13 -- so we'll see how it turns out.....

Ok -- some 12 minutes later -- they are done and lovely

the verdict

needs more salt
most definitely needs the onions

but the cooking method is sound

they are tasty

oh

the cheese added nothing -- so it either needs more or less cheese
but I will make these again (and I'll freeze/reheat the ones I made)


No comments:

Post a Comment